Wednesday, January 7, 2009

U-Yee: 1/2 Price Sushi

U-Yee
675 US Highway 1 S
Iselin, NJ 08830




Intro
For a Sunday night at 8 pm, this place was packed! It is hard to believe that this restaurant in a strip mall would have so many people standing outside in the cold waiting for a table. (It is NJ at the beginning of January. So, it is cold.) When we tasted our food, I could understand why. I met up with some friends, and we waited for an hour before taking seats at the sushi bar. Another personal observation, this restaurant has done well by word of mouth. In addition, their "1/2 price sushi all day Sunday" makes it an even better reason to go. When we finally sat down, slips of paper with sushi choices were placed in front of us. All we needed to do was mark our choices. It came down to an eel roll and a lobster roll. On top of the sushi, I ordered a Susayuki (beef noodle soup) off the regular menu. This time, my camera was low on battery. So, I only had one good shot of my noodle dish. In the end, it is just an excuse to go back and get more pictures for my readers. :) Overall, I give the restaurant an 85/100 because service was so slow.

Food 9.0/10 – Sushi was very fresh. The noodle bowl was huge and very tasty.
Service 8.0/10 – For a Sunday night, I didn't expect such a long wait. Then again, I didn't expect so many people. The waitress did come back to refresh my hot tea. If it weren't so busy, this place would have friendly service.
Atmosphere 8.0/10 – Great decor. The noise factor was very loud. This dampened our conversations.
Price 8.5/10 – 2 rolls and 1 noodle bowl including tax and tip, $25. (Probably would have spent $20 just on the rolls on a normal day.)
Satisfaction 9.0/10 - Sushi should be fresh, and with the place hopping, the food was always going....going...gone.

Closing Comments

Go earlier on Sunday for this great deal. Even if you have to wait a little bit, the sushi is worth it.

No comments: